On the 6th by Philip Roberts

Tell us what you thought of the December issue!
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

On the 6th by Philip Roberts

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Most people have never been haunted by an angry ghost. Most people don't DESERVE to be. Sara is an exception -- but you'll have to read the story to find out why.

Go. Read. Comment.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Megawatts
Master Critic

Post by Megawatts »

A story that would have made a good script for the old Twight Zone episodes.

Most nurses I know are very caring and loving toward their patients. I think this story
might have been more dramatic if Sara were a doctor, or even a male paramedic or male nurses.

However, emergency room people in major cities do see cases ranging from small children burned by a parent to gang members shot and bleeding while a police officer or fireman struggles in his bed next to all! High stress? Could a nurse flip out? You be the judge of that.

“They were the perfect people to take her anger out on, or had been.” This leads me to believe that Sara was in some crises and re-directing her anger at the homeless offered a needed vent for her pent up feelings. Whatever the crises, we’ll never know but the ghost certainly saved her from a spiraling fate that eventually might have killed her. Sara must have had good in her, and the ghost---vindictive and ruthless---made her see how wrong she was. Sometime the only way we change our deep-seated beliefs is when they bite us in our behinds!

A nice entertaining story that was enjoyable to read.
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “December 2009”