In A Time Past by J. E. Deegan

Tell us what you thought of the February 2010 issue.
Megawatts
Master Critic

In A Time Past by J. E. Deegan

Post by Megawatts »

A very poignant story with a human touch. A young girl, Cleo, finds that her goodness transcends wickedness and death, and drives out the evil that has chosen another girl, Rebecca, as its host.

The dog, Joe, the orphanage, Miss Kelsey, and Rebecca, all came to life as I read the story, which is unusual since this story tells much more than shows. Yet, with little action and mostly interior thoughts, it did manage to hold my interest better than I thought it would after reading the intro.

I like the intro to grab my attention more than this one did---it barely worked for me.

Good use of words in this one. From beginning to end all sentences were balanced well, and at no point was I lost or confused by the progression of the story. It was easy to read, yet not simple.

I liked it. I’ll give it a ‘Good Rating’ but you must remember I’m not into these kinds of poignant stories much.

I like action, unimaginable monsters or space aliens, or the old mad-scientists who builds something in his lab that eats him, finally, then breaks out to find more humans.

I find in this story all the elements needed for good story-telling---maybe a little showing and more sensory inputs but that is not carved in stone, as far as I’m concerned.

Good one :wink:
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “February 2010”