The Problem With Gibson by Dave Weaver

Tell us what you thought about the March 2010 issue.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

As opposed to Dubya?

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

I told the author that I thought this story was based on the rumors (unproven) that a suspiciously rectangular bulge between Dubya's shoulder blades during one of the debates was a wireless receiver so he could receive coaching from his handlers (instead of thinking for himself). If the Republicans (or any party) could have a telepath monitoring their candidate during public appearances to prevent gaffes, don't you think they would?

(I knew you were going to say that!)

:roll:
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Megawatts
Master Critic

Post by Megawatts »

Loved it! Short, sweet and to the point! I'm a democrat but do like some Republicans on a local level. That is, city politics. Of course in a smaller town like the old saying goes 'Everyone knows everyone else.'

If I were a Canadian, I would hate the American Republican party! During many Republican campaigns, they blast the Canadian---in fact, out right lie about them---when it has to do with gun control and health care. Then they order Canada to purchased Jet Fighters in an amount that is dictated by the U.S. Air Force! As far as I’m concerned---and some will blast me over this one---Canadians should be able to vote in American elections. We dictate to them and they have no representation in the U.S.
Tesla Lives!!!
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

What made this one great for me was the implication that, as Gibson blocked the politician's empty platitudes, there was nothing left to replace them with -- not one sincere or original thought in there at all!

Return to “March 2010”