Editor Shuffling

Tell us what you thought about the July 2007 issue!

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Editor Shuffling

Post by kailhofer »

Congratulations to all who took on the mantle of responsibility.

What is the difference between what an editor does here, and an what an assistant editor does here? From a reader's perspective, I've never really understood.

Jeff, I saw in some of the old issues you used to be, I believe, Production Coordinator. Is that the same as Production Editor? Forgive my ignorance, but what does that entail?

Not a big deal. I was just curious.

Nate
Last edited by kailhofer on July 02, 2007, 11:57:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
doc
WebMaven

Re: Editor Shuffling

Post by doc »

So when she gets going into the middle of her tenure, woe betide any slackards who fail to heed her advice. Even Shakespeare agrees:

“Remember March; the ides of March remember.” Julius Caesar, iv. 3.
I knew from the start that she'd be a great addition to the staff. The only question was how to convince her. I knew it would take time and patience and persuasion, but in the mean time, there was the very real risk that she might get away. I had to find a way to make sure she stuck around, to give us time to win her into the fold. What else could I do?

Reader, I married her. *grin*
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

So when she gets going into the middle of her tenure, woe betide any slackards who fail to heed her advice. Even Shakespeare agrees:

“Remember March; the ides of March remember.” Julius Caesar, iv. 3.
I knew from the start that she'd be a great addition to the staff. The only question was how to convince her. I knew it would take time and patience and persuasion, but in the mean time, there was the very real risk that she might get away. I had to find a way to make sure she stuck around, to give us time to win her into the fold. What else could I do?

Reader, I married her. *grin*
Larissa, I'm SURE Rob did not mean to imply that he only married you for your editing... ::)

Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
doc
WebMaven

Post by doc »

Larissa, I'm SURE Rob did not mean to imply that he only married you for your editing... ::)

Robert M.
Only? Not even close, my boy. Not even close.

Return to “July 2007”