November by Philip Hamm

Tell us what you thought about the July 2007 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

November by Philip Hamm

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

In "Neuropol", Jason Runner's attempt to spread truth was noticed -- and punished. November" gives Runner (and the reader) a wider view of what is really happening in the world outside Runner's long-sealed apartment door. Runner wasn't the only one who knew that all the information available to the cocooned citizenry had been bowdlerized and edited to the benefit of the government ...

Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: November by Philip Hamm

Post by kailhofer »

I've become more and more attached to this series as parts are added to the saga. I agree with Lee that it all sounds like a very Matrix-esque world.

The first two stories were more like introduction to the world and character. This one, at least, hints at being a much bigger yarn.

The only downside I can give it it is that while interesting is that it's a lot like a movie sequel--a filler story that gets you to the real cool story that will be made into the third movie. Things are set up, hints of what's really going on come out, characters begin to take their first steps toward the eventual confrontation or adventure, but not many big events happen.

Obviously, to Runner waking up is a big deal, but to me, it was just an opening movement. I needed to feel more tension build and be released to feel like this was an accomplishment that was worthy of being a separate story. Otherwise, I'd rather wait and read the whole saga after it's complete.

Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “July 2007”