New Issue Online

Tell us what you thought about the March 2011 issue!

Moderator: Editors

doc
WebMaven

New Issue Online

Post by doc »

Just in time for Saint Patrick's Day, a new issue of Aphelion. Not just any issue, though. This is our 150th (!) issue!

Of special note this month is a brand new Nightwatch story by Jeff Williams (with Elizabeth Markham), "The Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes". Don't miss it; it's a doozy. There's also a new story in here by Frederick Rustam. I haven't read it yet, but I don't think I've ever read a Rustam story that wasn't fantastic. Plus a bunch more stories, and poetry, and features. There's a whole bunch of great stuff for you to read, so get right to it.

Any errors in this month's issue may be blamed on the scotch. *raises his glass*
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: New Issue Online

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

doc wrote:Just in time for Saint Patrick's Day, a new issue of Aphelion. Not just any issue, though. This is our 150th (!) issue!

Of special note this month is a brand new Nightwatch story by Jeff Williams (with Elizabeth Markham), "The Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes". Don't miss it; it's a doozy. There's also a new story in here by Frederick Rustam. I haven't read it yet, but I don't think I've ever read a Rustam story that wasn't fantastic. Plus a bunch more stories, and poetry, and features. There's a whole bunch of great stuff for you to read, so get right to it.

Any errors in this month's issue may be blamed on the scotch. *raises his glass*
SCOTCH??? On St. Paddy's Day? Sure and it's the IRISH whiskey you should be drinkin', boyo! :wink:
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
doc
WebMaven

Post by doc »

In the house, I have single malt scotch and Canadian whiskey for mixing. You tell me which one is closer to appropriate. :)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

doc wrote:In the house, I have single malt scotch and Canadian whiskey for mixing. You tell me which one is closer to appropriate. :)
Well, the Newfoundland accent is (to my ear) Irish... but the "National drink" of Newfoundland is 'screech', which is suitable-for-stripping-paint rum. But Canadians are multi-cultural, especially when it comes to alcohol, so... :?
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
doc
WebMaven

Post by doc »

Robert_Moriyama wrote:
doc wrote:In the house, I have single malt scotch and Canadian whiskey for mixing. You tell me which one is closer to appropriate. :)
Well, the Newfoundland accent is (to my ear) Irish... but the "National drink" of Newfoundland is 'screech', which is suitable-for-stripping-paint rum. But Canadians are multi-cultural, especially when it comes to alcohol, so... :?
o/~ We'll rant and we'll roar like true Newfoundlanders
We'll rant and we'll roar on deck and below
Until we strikes bottom inside the two sunkers
When straight through the channel to Toslow we'll go o/~
--Great Big Sea

Return to “March 2011”