The Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes

Tell us what you thought about the March 2011 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: The Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes

Post by Lester Curtis »

Primo stuff, indeed, with great depth and intricacy of plot and character.
Candlefire is a gem. Is there a resurrection story in anyone's mind? I want to see her again, but not, of course, in zombie form.
I wouldn't say a resurrection, but a prequel might work. I'd like to hear what she might have done with extra dimensions.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

I also want to mention a rather personal reaction (or, more properly, lack of one).

The previous two or three in the series -- well, almost all of them, really -- left me shaking in rage at Mr. Callow and wishing to do unspeakably rude things to him. This one broke that trend, and I appreciate that.

One of the great strengths of this series is the portrayal of the internal, human aspects of the characters, particularly the psychic damage they've endured in the course of their work. This is where the true conflicts lie. Any warm fuzzies they might get from saving the world are overwhelmed by their distaste at what it took to accomplish that.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

I've actually never worked together with someone on a story, as in co-authoring. I am curious as to how the collaboration worked, or more plainly, who wrote which parts?
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “March 2011”