Nature by Eric Victor Neagu

Tell us what you thought about the May 2011 issue.

Moderator: Editors

Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Nature by Eric Victor Neagu

Post by Lester Curtis »

Excellent piece of horror . . . it just builds and builds. Nice that the author left out the conclusion.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: Nature by Eric Victor Neagu

Post by Lester Curtis »

I also want to add that I liked the way you used the character's novel-writing project . . . the way it got between the couple and eroded their relationship also added to the story. It also seems to become a parallel theme, with the story taking over the man, while the baby (whatever from hell it was) taking over the woman. They both kinda get the life sucked out of them by the things inside each of them, and neither one is finished when the story ends. Subtle depth in that.

As I've said before, horror stories don't usually affect me, but this one stuck in my head a little more than usual. The visual descriptions are terrific, too.

I'm with Bill -- this is career-grade material.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: Nature by Eric Victor Neagu

Post by Megawatts »

What an EERIE, EERIE story that was crafted very well. I can say this story soared above most others that I have read, lately.

I liked how narration was used more than dialogue, yet the showing came through.

In the beginning paragraph, the scene of the lake and it’s isolation engages our imagination towards an uncanny or even creepy setting by not using phrase likes ‘a beautiful lake’ or ‘quaint picturesque cabin’ or ‘deer meandering along the shore.’ I like that almost as a foreshadowing.

All through this story good techniques and superb language can be found. This guy can write!! :lol:
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “May 2011”