To Thine Own Self...by Jean Jones

Tell us what you thought about the August 2011 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: To Thine Own Self...by Jean Jones

Post by Lester Curtis »

I very much liked the first part, but then I thought it devolved too far into something like blood-lust. The final few lines do bring it back into order, though.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

TaoPhoenix wrote:
Such is the purpose of literature. The rise of computers is locking down social mores tighter and tighter so we can't even "blow off steam" anymore. It's all dandy for a good while... until the pressure cooker overflows.
I'm not so sure about that, Tao . . . I mean, you've got people on the 'social networking' sites (and everywhere else) posting photos of their naughty bits . . . of course, they find out too late that those items wind up in their resumes and they can't get a job, but still . . . if I thought the rise of computer use was locking down anything, it would be people's privacy -- but that's their doing.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

Ya know, it really sums up a day on the freeways around here.
And in saying that, you just reminded me of a movie . . . "L.A. Story," with Steve Martin -- the scene where he's driving on the L.A. freeway with someone at rush hour. I don't recall what the precipitating event was, but all at once he yells, "Gun! Gun!" and his passenger opens the glovebox and gets a pistol out, and everybody just starts shooting at each other more or less at random. Of course, that doesn't come across as road rage as much as plain craziness.

Return to “August 2011”