Offer Her The World by Kent Rosenberger

Tell us what you thought about the August 2011 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Offer Her The World by Kent Rosenberger

Post by Lester Curtis »

Now, there's a man needing a new robot . . . personally, though, I'd advise him to just advertize his intended bachelorhood, and watch the hotties rise to the challenge.

Good story; I particularly liked some of the descriptive language. This writer has a talent for that.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Offer Her The World by Kent Rosenberger

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Lester Curtis wrote:Now, there's a man needing a new robot . . . personally, though, I'd advise him to just advertize his intended bachelorhood, and watch the hotties rise to the challenge.

Good story; I particularly liked some of the descriptive language. This writer has a talent for that.
Apparently, evolution marches on: in the future, even gold-diggers (or whatever the interplanetary equivalent might be) will have limits to what they will put up with in a husband not likely to die of natural causes anytime soon.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: Offer Her The World by Kent Rosenberger

Post by Megawatts »

Boy, this one hits the nail on the head when it comes to communicating with women!

I’ve learned to say nothing most of the time! But after thirty-years of marriage, I can talk with my wife about things. Some things that is, but I always manage to shun subjects like weight, hair, clothes---it’s always do they make me look fat---and especially how other women look!

I’ll hear things like, “You think she’s fat?” and of course my answer is always, “I didn’t notice.” That usually works. And other questions like, “How old do you think she is?” which can really trick me. I almost automatically say they are much younger than the are.

Oh, well getting back to the story----I liked it! As I’m sure you’ve assumed.

The beginning captures one’s attention with the use of ‘bartender robot.’ And I love how ‘bartender robot’ became barbot! A nice transition in which ‘barbot’ is assumed to be bartender robot without any thought needed. Nice.

The story flows well, which makes it a nice-entertaining read. Very good word choices, and scenes easy to visualize.

All the characters continued to develop as the story progressed--- even the barbot who became more human after each scene with him in it.

I really like the style with this one!!!
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “August 2011”