December?

Tell us what you thought of the November 2007 issue!

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

December?

Post by kailhofer »

Um, when is the flip to the December issue?

Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: December?

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Theoretically, it was supposed to be Sunday night. Either Rob has been in emergency mode due to the Paying Job or family matters, or he's waiting for something else to be uploaded. (My stuff has been ready since the 26th, aside from inserting the Challenge winner info into the Short Stories index page.)

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

I should give benefit of the doubt. He may be desperately trying to get it out, but is trapped under something heavy. Kidnapped by aliens?

Should we send out the Saint Bernard with the little barrel of booze under his neck to check the slopes?  :D

(I think these things together would make a good challenge... hmm... maybe January...)

Nate
Last edited by kailhofer on December 05, 2007, 04:04:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
doc
WebMaven

Post by doc »

Er, yeah, so....about that.

While the truth is slightly more complicated, the simple answer is that I spaced it this weekend. My mind was caught up on other things and I actually simply misplaced the fact that it was Zine weekend. Unfortunately, work is a zoo this week and I've some other obligations and the long and the sort of it is....It's gonna be this coming weekend.

Sorry to let everyone down. Look for the zine on Saturday or Sunday.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

So Rob's internal calendar was devoured by creatures from another dimension, and he "Mist" the promised publication date ... and Mr. Williams, also distracted, failed to strike Rob about the head and shoulders with his cat o' one tail (apparently there wasn't enough room to swing a cat) ...

::)
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

Well, just as long as it is up by Sunday night, or I’m in a bit of jam. For content reasons, the challenge needs to start that night in order to finish when it would still be relevant.

For something different, I made an audio version of me reading the example story, and set up a couple of outside places to host it so as to not mess up anyone’s bandwidth. It should be public that night (unless that plan falls through, in which case, I’ll have to go YouTube with it). If everything works out right, we could potentially draw from a new crowd of people poking around, and it would be a shame if they didn’t have anything new to see.

I can’t promise new people, of course, but I’m trying. This is heavily into stuff I’ve never even touched before--recording audio tracks in Audacity, making mp3s, and mp4 movies…

Nate
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

It's like the beating of the Tell-Tale Heart, or the relentless ticking of the House With a Clock in its Walls. I keep looking. It's like an itch I can't scratch.

Is it up yet?

How about now?

Oh, Great Pumpkin, where are you?? :)

Of course, it figures that I had 3 different nights to myself this past week with nothing to do that I could have spent critiquing. Instead, I worked on challenges and a theme for a podcast I might try at some point in the future. Now, fate will probably swamp me so I can't read any stories until after New Years... It figures.

Nate
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

I am not appreciate enough of Rob's time and effort, and I apologize for that. Adding the audio version of the example story has made me a bit nervous. I didn't want to screw it up, and there's the added worry of it flopping.

Never tried anything like it before.

Nate

Return to “November 2007”