Featureless.

Tell us what you thought of the November 2007 issue!

Moderator: Editors

doc
WebMaven

Re: Featureless.

Post by doc »

There isn't, but this sort of thing is going to happen from time to time. I'm not really sure this is really an "oops" moment, either.

Before the Big Changeover, you'll notice that the Features section often was unchanging from month to month. I've elected NOT to take that approach with the section at present, because I don't think it serves the material well.

Do people actually *enjoy* the features? I have a stack of new CDs on my desk that I picked up at the Ohio Valley Filk Festival with a mind towards reviewing. Dan writes book reviews as he has interest and time to. We get the occaisional essay. But submissions don't exactly pour in for non-fiction and the like. If people want to see *more* stuff in features, we need folks to send stuff in. I can't write all of it. :)

Sometimes, if I see something interesting out on the net, I'll ask the author if they would mind if I reprint it here. The writing essays by Gwen Knighton are a good example of that, or Seanan McGuire's review of the Ookla the Mok CD. But, like all other good things on Aphelion, it really needs to come from the folks who are part of the community here, ideally.
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: Featureless.

Post by kailhofer »

Do people actually *enjoy* the features?
Like anything in life, it depends what it's about.

I've liked some of them a good deal. Others not so much. *shrugs*

You could always try polling to see what people are most interested in reading. Forum members may not truly be a representative sampling, but it's better than guessing.

Nate
Last edited by kailhofer on November 05, 2007, 09:16:18 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “November 2007”