Listening to the Words by Joseph Jordan

Tell us what you thought of the November 2007 issue!

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Listening to the Words by Joseph Jordan

Post by kailhofer »

I can't believe no one commented on this.

I've read this story twice, and both times was choked up at the ending. I can't remember the last time something I read did that to me.

This is not a perfect story. There were fonts changing size in the 1st part that were quite distracting. The word is 'already', not 'all ready'. Sensory input was missing all over. The wrap up was a little unfulfilling, and the explanation/integration of the title was weak.

--But I didn't care. I rooted for David. I delighted in the transformation in Tony from detestable, criminal junkie to good egg. I wanted Tony to get together with Wanda. I forgot about the whole rest of the world and subconsciously cursed at fate for what happened to David.

Any story that can do that to me I can't say enough good about. This just became my favorite story that I read in Aphelion (other than my own, of course ;)). If this one doesn't get listed as one of the year's best, then life's not fair. Of course, that seemed to be one of the big points of this story...

I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: Listening to the Words by Joseph Jordan

Post by Megawatts »

Very good story! Loved the whole thing from begining to end. Something honest and heartwarming in this story, and yet David died at the end.

Good one!!
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “November 2007”