A Cleaned Clock by Jonathan Lowe

Tell us what you thought of the November 2007 issue!

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

A Cleaned Clock by Jonathan Lowe

Post by kailhofer »

I didn't get it.

I just don't understand what exactly happened on the day of enlightenment. I wasn't able to follow things. I didn't understand why these people were doing this, and why it was ok with everyone. Did common sense or a respect for human rights disappear with God? Was it that these were the people left after judgment day?

If I had read the prologue to Smith's story, I might have understood, but long expositions have to be pretty special to keep me reading them. I tried twice but glazed over & skipped past both times, sorry.

So what really was going on? Anyone care to fill in the gaps?

Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: A Cleaned Clock by Jonathan Lowe

Post by Megawatts »

Nothing was clear in the story. I don’t think I understood the concept of the second coming or “The Day Of Enlightenment”  Did God change the world because His experiment failed? Or now  there is no past or future, just the present-----I think I got the feeling of that in one of the Paragraphs!

The short dissertation about God, time, and ego got very complicated, too complicated for a story-----too much ‘info dump’ as some would suggest. I did think the ‘Day Of Enlightenment’ would symbolize as new world order in which wars, disease, and poverty were all eradicated, but as the story unfolded my assumption waned.

God, time, the second coming, individual revelations, the hole, and pot bellied government employees being sent into the hole, all mixed together in a motley way and made me wonder: What the hell was this about!!!

The writing was good!  But the characters were a little weak, and the events not too clear.

I didn’t understand the story, nor liked it very much.
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “November 2007”