December/January issue

Tells us what you think about the November 2011 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

December/January issue

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Get yer November comments in this week -- by next week, we should have our actually-planned (instead of accidental) Double Issue for December 2011 / January 2012, featuring 3 long-fiction entries, 20 short stories, a whack o' poetry, and more features than you can shake a can of pepper spray at (sticks are so last century)!

Over the holidays, you should also think about any nominations you care to make for the "Best of 2011". (I will TRY to get the Back Issues Index updated to cover everything eligible for 2011 "Best of" status. Honest.)

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: December/January issue

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

The Webmaven sez that tonight's the night (so by tomorrow night for SURE). Only 69 comments, including several from me... We should at LEAST double that for the December / January issue, with 20 short stories PLUS a bonus Mare Inebrium entry by Sergio (ente per ente) PLUS an excerpt from Dan's Steampunk novel PLUS multiple features PLUS two novellas PLUS the first chapter of McCamy Taylor's sequel to "Chatterton Reef" PLUS a whack o' poetry...

It would be nice if the total number of reader-hours exceeded the number of hours spent writing, editing, and uploading put in by the staff, but sometimes I wonder. The only way we can tell is if people comment, even if it's just to say "I read this one."

Oh, Great Tannenbaum*, let us see those comment counts climb into the triple digits! Dare we even hope that the hundreds digit might be greater than 1? (Sigh.)

RM

(*When Linus Van Pelt finally gave up on believing in Santa Claus, I speculate that he switched his allegiance to the Great Tannenbaum, who rises out of the Christmas tree lot on Christmas eve to deliver toys to good children (and editors and authors) everywhere.)
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

Robert_Moriyama wrote:The Webmaven sez that tonight's the night (so by tomorrow night for SURE). Only 69 comments, including several from me... We should at LEAST double that for the December / January issue, with 20 short stories PLUS a bonus Mare Inebrium entry by Sergio (ente per ente) PLUS an excerpt from Dan's Steampunk novel PLUS multiple features PLUS two novellas PLUS the first chapter of McCamy Taylor's sequel to "Chatterton Reef" PLUS a whack o' poetry...
Hell, Robert, I'll comment right now!

That's WAY more than I get from Analog and F&SF Mag combined, and this isn't even costing me anything (except the time to read it all)!

On the subject of comments, though, I can't help noticing that the longest comment threads seem to result from something exceptionally thought-provoking (or somehow controversial).
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

Well, I wasn't going to name anybody, but . . .
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Return to “November 2011”