The Day the Leash Gave Way by Trent Zelazny

Tell us what you thought about the May 2005 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: The Day the Leash Gave Way by Trent Zelazny

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

In my acceptance note, I said that I liked the story's 'Kentucky Fried weirdness' (or something like that). What more could one want?<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
TenshinoShin
Commenter

Post by TenshinoShin »

Okay, this was the first story I've ever read on this site, and I read it allowed to my friend, not really knowing exactly what to expect. At first I was just shocked at what I was reading, but I just couldn't stop. I just kept thinking, "it can't get any weirder, it can't get any weirder..." but it did. Constantly.<br><br>By the time we'd finished reading all the way through, we slowly began to realize that we loved it. It kind of creeps me out, how much I really like this story. The POV was fairly original, despite the fact that the "my wife died so I stuffed her and still have sex with her" thing has been done.<br><br>Gah, I'm still slightly freaked out about how much I liked that story...
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

This piece was just shocking and horrific that I hope it's literary and everything here really stands for something else.<br><br>As such, there's no point in me deconstructing it, but let me say that I'm glad that this writer didn't follow my usual advice and use all the senses to describe everything in concrete detail. <br><br>Nate<br><br>PS. The twisted side of me was sad that the cops weren't really from the International Union of Taxidermists, and didn't want scab work around.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Megawatts
Master Critic

Post by Megawatts »

I'm not sure how the think of this story. If there was<br> a moral issure behind it, then I missed it. <br><br> On the positive side, it held my interest for I had to <br> keep reading on! What is going to happen next? <br> Is the mom going to come alive? <br><br> Stories like these are pure entertainment, and this<br> did entertain me!! ;)
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “May 2005”